Monday, July 14, 2014

The Cornfield People: UPDATE 07/14/2014

On 07/06/2014, author C. W. Schultz replied to this blog, which I originally wrote on 08/28/2013.  Apparently, he is writing a book about this film after coming across all the rumors circulating on the internet; and, in the process, has uncovered some pretty crazy stuff!

In the e-mail exchange we had, he did not provide me with a whole lot of details about his book or about the film itself.  However, he did provide an attachment that "should put an end to the debate of whether or not this film actually exists or is just a myth."  And so… the truth…



Schultz says the above image is an ad found in a Seattle P.I. from April 5, 2002 that he was able to retrieve through Google News Archives in December 2010 when he began working on this project a few months after submitting the final draft of his second novel The Pack to his publisher.

He explained that the blog I originally published in August 2013 covered some interesting facts and rumors that actually assisted him with piecing together the puzzle of his project, but that he has so much more to offer the world about The Cornfield People.

Schultz is exercising caution with the information he is providing me.  Originally, I thought this might be the work of a hoaxer because of how discreet he was being, but after I did some research and found that Schultz is indeed published author, I realized the provided information had at least some credibility.  So then I figured Schultz was just holding back on some info to prevent me from posting some juice on here for free that would drive sales away from his upcoming book.  However, after a couple of exchanges, Schultz has said that the reason for secrecy is that he tried to reach out to other bloggers and webmasters in the past with detailed information about The Cornfield People, but their blogs, message boards and/or websites have since been taken down.

Could it be that there is someone (or a group of people) out there who wants this film to be erased?  It sure it sounding like it.  But, if so, why?  Schultz said he will "cautiously" provide me with more details as he slowly pieces things together.

If you have any information, please shoot me an e-mail.  dant3p3rk1ns@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating stuff! Thanks Geekster. I cant believe you actually found a pic of this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you take this down? Nothing factual about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, may I ask? Considering the information I have culled and the ad C. W. Schultz retrieved, it seems that the debate is pretty much at an end. The film does exist.

      But your comment is now a new fascination, as Schultz warned me I would begin to get pressured into taking anything related to CORNFIELD PEOPLE down.

      Luckily for me, I've been given the heads up, unlike other sites that have discussed this film. If you are the person or one of the people behind these strange events, let me tell you: my blog will not be removed.

      Delete