Monday, March 12, 2001

Boiler Room

For some people this is a simple movie, for others…it's a difficult, so I'm not going to get into detail. I kind of liked this movie because it had detail. I can fall right into a movie, as if I'm living it. Some people can't, they're waiting for everything on the screen, they can't get into it, unlike me . So if you're wanting a movie where you don't have to get into it, don't watch this. For you other, here's what I have to say…This movie is about a young man, Seth Davis (Giovanni Ribisi,) who runs an illegal gambling joint in his apartment. 

When his father, Judge Davis (Ron Rifkin,) finds out, Seth gets another job…as a stockbroker. Basically, Seth just wants to make money to impress his father. My guys is to why the film was given an "R" rating was because of a few disturbing scenes. One scene, at the beginning of the film, where my favorite actor Jamie Kennedy, is doing cocaine. And another scene where Richi (Scott Caan) takes a guy outside, and beets him up. I guess I find Caan's character beating somebody up in this movie disturbing because it looks so real. I mean, my favorite genre is horror, which is a blood-filled-genre, but this looked so real, I was about to hide my face like a 5-year-old. The reason I gave this film a 9/10 was because of the ending. You feel cheated. I don't know if they purposely did it, or what, but I can't get into much detail about that unless I have to spoil it. So, it was a good movie for a certain kind of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment