Monday, March 19, 2001

Natural Born Killers

This film is about a couple, Mickey Nox (Woody Harrelson) and Mallory Wilson-Nox (Juliette Lewis) who are a serial killer couple. They go around killing people, get caught and locked up, and try to escape. That's basically the plot (escaping from jail).

I rented `Natural Born Killers (NBK)' because it looked interesting; Great cast (Woody Harrelson, Juliette Lewis, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Sizemore, and Tommy Lee Jones), catchy title, and because I wanted to see how Harrison could play a cold-hearted killer.

I go home, watch it. I end up being disgusted. I'm not disappointed, because I wasn't expecting a classic out of this one, but very disgusted. This film gross, and cold-hearted.

I feel that Oliver Stone tried to make Mickey convince people that killing wasn't that evil; And after how many people Mickey and Mallory killed, I just stopped caring about them. No pity, man. Lewis isn't that pretty, and they tried to make her like a babe who kills people; And Harrelson's character cheated on Mallory by raping one of his victims. It's pure scum. I didn't care what would've happened. Maybe if Quentin Tarantino directed it, it would've been a whole lot better.

Don't see this film, unless your a cult-film fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment